Tuesday 17 April 2012

WATER WATER WATER

I had a stunted week where I only lost one pound. I was 169.0, and one week later, at 168.0.

Very frustrated, I racked my brain to see what it was that was interfering with my weight loss. The nurses insisted it was water. Yes, I wasn't drinking as much (due to a new job that I had just started), but really? Water?

I put it to the test. I went back to drinking like a fish and dropped 2 pounds fast. Apparently ketosis needs water to flush fat out of the body. I guess all that gunk does accumulate and needs somewhere to go. If you ain't peein on the hour, drink more. Aim for at least 2.5 litres of fresh, cold water a day.

Someone told me once that our bodies need "showers" on the inside too. Our internal organs are all made of epithelial cells, what the skin is made of. Just how our external skin gets gross without a good bath, our internal skin gets gunkified without a good flush too. Put your shower caps on people!


No comments:

Post a Comment